The Lab School exists to help people understand, appreciate, and apply the science of child development.
The UT Lab School program is designed to meet the individual growth needs of each child. Each teacher works cooperatively with families, students, and other faculty members to determine the child’s level of development, needs, and interests.
The goal of the UT Lab School is:
- To provide a setting in which university students may observe, participate, and study children under the supervision of trained teachers.
- To provide a facility for research in human development and family relationships at The University of Texas at Austin.
- To serve as a model program of high quality care of young children to the community.
- To provide young children with an enriching and developmentally appropriate early learning opportunity.
- To promote among parents a greater understanding of their child’s growth and development.
What our Alumni are Saying...
"There is no other early childhood setting that will allow you to learn, in depth, the most current research theories and practices for children. Working under wonderful mentors provided me with a learning environment where I could ask questions, take risks, and make mistakes."