Faculty positions for master teachers or the Director can be found on UT’s Faculty Recruitment Page. Administrative positions can be found on UT’s Staff Job Search Page. To learn more about working at UT, please visit UT’s Jobs website.
Senior Administrative Program Coordinator
Responsible for all phases of program activities in the Priscilla Pond Flawn Child and Family Laboratory, including curriculum development, implementation, and assessment. The successful candidate will also work with the families of UT Lab School children, conducting educational seminars and specialized training, as well as assist the Director with professional growth and development activities for the teaching staff.
Family Education and Support
- Organize and conduct on-going educational seminars for Lab School families.
- Coordinate and develop plans for families and children with special needs.
- Provide support to all Lab School families as needed.
- Collaborate with families to plan and schedule family events and faulty/staff appreciation throughout the year. Encourage parent participation at the Lab School.
- Conduct tours for prospective families.
- Attend all family and school-related events.
Faculty and Curriculum Support
- Ensure compliance of best practices in child development, early childhood education, and positive guidance.
- Observe teachers regularly and facilitate self-reflection and growth in teaching practices. Consult with faculty and staff regarding curriculum and needs of individual children.
- Assess training needs and develop professional development workshops. Assist Director with developing evaluation tools and procedures.
- Organize and provide professional development training to early childhood educators in the community.
- Plan and coordinate community outreach projects and develop new initiatives.
- Attend university and community events. Present at local, state, and national conferences.
Licensing and Accreditation
- Maintain Director’s certification and all other required certificates and professional development training annually, as per TX DHHS licensing guidelines.
- Uphold all TX DHHS licensing and NAEYC accreditation standards related to classroom practices.
- Oversee and support faculty in preparing and completing NAEYC classroom portfolios.
- Serve as a back-up to the Director for the early learning portion of the program as needed
Master’s degree in child development, early childhood education, or a closely related field. At least three years of successful teaching experience in a NAEYC-accredited program. Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and writing skills. High level of professionalism. Ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage multiple concurrent projects. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Director’s certificate from child care licensing and experience in early learning program administration. Five years of successful teaching experience in a NAEYC-accredited program.
$50,000 + depending on qualifications
Graduate Student Opportunities
Every year the UT Lab School employees graduate students in all of our classrooms. Although priority is given to graduate students in Human Development and Family Sciences, we welcome applicants from other departments. If you are currently a graduate student at The University of Texas at Austin in Early Childhood Education or a related field, and you are interested in applying for a graduate assistant position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments are usually 10 hours a week on the following schedule:
- 2 days Monday through Thursday 8:30-12:30, Fridays 10:00-12:00 OR
- 2 days Monday through Thursday 1:00-5:00, Fridays 10:00-12:00.
Student Volunteer Opportunities
We are always looking for volunteers! We have classroom and administration positions available. If you are interested in volunteering at the UT Lab School, please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Include the days and hours that you are available to volunteers:
- 1 or more days Monday through Thursday 8:30-12:30
- 1 or more days Monday through Thursday 1:00-5:00