Welcome to the Crape Myrtle Classroom page!
Hi, I’m Sarah, your child’s Master Teacher!
Welcome to the Priscilla Pond Flawn Child and Family Laboratory! The beginning of the school year is rapidly approaching, and I am honored to have the opportunity to be your child’s teacher in the Crape Myrtle Class.
As I get to know you, I’d like for you to know a little about me. I was born and raised in the Austin area. I hold a Master of Science in Human Development and Family Sciences with a concentration in Family and Community Services from Oklahoma State University and received a Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Sciences with a Concentration in Early Childhood from The University of Texas at Austin. I’m currently pursuing my Doctor of Education in Learning and Organizational Change at Baylor University. I also have completed graduate certification work in Play Therapy from The University of California at San Diego.
I have about ten years’ experience teaching in early childhood programs in the Austin area and this is my seventh year as a Master Teacher at the lab. Prior to becoming a Master Teacher, I was involved with the Lab School in a variety of ways including completing undergraduate coursework, completing practicum coursework, and working numerous summer camps. I currently teach the three-four-year-old Crape Myrtle Class in the afternoons every day and the youngest toddler Little Walnut Class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I am excited for another year at the Lab School!
Crape Myrtle Wish Lists
Dates to Remember
- August 4th and 5th: Virtual Family Meetings from 9am-11:30 and 1:30-3:30pm both days, via zoom, ID: 997 2520 3582 (adults only). Sign up for an individual family meeting here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805084FA8AA28A0FE3-parentguardian
- August 11th & 12th: In-Person Home Visits time and date is dependent on where you live (child-focused)
- August 17th: Family Get-Acquainted Night from 6-7; at the Lab School (adults only). RSVP here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805084FA8AA28A0FE3-crape1
- August 17th: Classroom Visits from 1:30-3:00pm at the Lab School. Sign up for your child’s individual classroom visit here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805084FA8AA28A0FE3-cmclassroom
- August 22nd-25th: Gradual Entry Week. More info in the document section below.